From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 12:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Solution found to the new line announcement problem (was) Further to the virtical tab discussion

Hi, Carolyn. If you are talking about the ASCII value of a character which is under your cursor, and you are using JAWS, you can find out its ASCII value. If you are using Laptop Keyboard Layout, press CAPSLOCK plus the comma key three times rapidly. If you are on the period at the end of this sentence, it will say fourty six. This is the ASCII value of the period character. If you are using Desktop Keyboard layout, you would press the number five on the number pad of your keyboard. This is not the numbers row above the letters.

If you are asking where to get the ASCII value of all characters, there are several websites which can be accessed which will give a table of ASCII values corresponding with each character. Many of these tables also include the hexidecimal values as well. They can be kind of confusing unless you know the ASCII values of some characters already. For example, the ASCII value of the space character is 32, so when you see the table, you can see where in the list the ASCII values are given. The link to the ASCII table I use is below.

http://www.ascii-code.com/

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com