From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Hi Hamilton,

A correction to your steps:
When making changes in the customize punctuation list, if you do not
want Jaws to speak/recognize a particular punctuation mark you want to choose the
" all " selection.  You will have 4 radio buttons to arrow up or down
through.  They are none, some, most, & all.  In these selections they work
backwards than what you would think.  For example;  If you choose " none "
for the dollar sign, Jaws will speak / recognize every dollar sign in
whatever you are reading.  On the other hand, if you choose the " all "
radio button, Jaws will not speak / recognize any dollar signs.
In short, these settings tell Jaws what to, Ignore, & not what to recognize.

Take care.
Mike
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! It comes bundled with the software.  Go Dodgers!