Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Mcginnis, Barbara

I wish I could write code but if you ask me how to fry an egg, I forget to get the frying pan out of the cabinet when I write the instructions.  I am sure you know what I mean.


From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"


On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 08:57 am, Mcginnis, Barbara wrote, in part:  "you hear reply vertical bar, forward, vertical bar, print,  vertical bar."

Yes, the vertical bar, often referred to as a pipe as well if you're around programmers, is a single character that's generally located just above your Enter key on the keyboard and produced by hitting the Shift key plus what would normally be a backslash if not "shifted."  If you ever hear someone refer to pipe when reading something as literally as possible they're referring to that vertical bar.

This is very commonly used as a "chunk separator" in a single line of text. 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

         ~ William James

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.