Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"


On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 08:57 am, Mcginnis, Barbara wrote, in part:  "you hear reply vertical bar, forward, vertical bar, print,  vertical bar."

Yes, the vertical bar, often referred to as a pipe as well if you're around programmers, is a single character that's generally located just above your Enter key on the keyboard and produced by hitting the Shift key plus what would normally be a backslash if not "shifted."  If you ever hear someone refer to pipe when reading something as literally as possible they're referring to that vertical bar.

This is very commonly used as a "chunk separator" in a single line of text. 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

         ~ William James

Join to automatically receive all group messages.