Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Mcginnis, Barbara

I am assuming the vertical tab is on a web page or an e-mail.  When you are working with G-mail and reading line by line, you hear reply vertical bar, forward, vertical bar, print,  vertical bar.  It is actually a small bar that is no more than ¼ inches long running top to bottom.  I have never tried to stop JAWS from speaking the vertical bar because I don’t know if you can.

Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 8:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Brian:

I can do this, but need to know where to send the files,  since I don’t think the list will accommoddate the attachments.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Tom,

If you've got an "old word" file where it's announced, and a "new word" file where it's announced, I'll happily have a look to see what's up.  If it's very easy for you to tell me the phrase that precedes "vertical tab" that would make things a bit faster for me, but it's not necessary.
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.