From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Hi All,

Here are steps from another list, & this dude that wrote the steps is 1 of the smartest computer / Jaws users I've ever come across!

From: Brian Lee

Hello Tom,

The following steps should work:
1.       Press JAWS key with D to bring up the dictionary manager.

2.       Use CTRL with Shift and D to load the default dictionary manager.

3.       Tab to the tree view and press E for English.

4.       Expand the English option by using right arrow key.

5.       Use down arrow key and find the appropriate synthesizer.  You can
also press E for Eloquence, V for ?Vocalizer, V until you find Vocalizer
Expressive, etc.

6.       Use right arrow to open the appropriate synthesizer item.

7.       Press a backslash key until you find a backslash followed by 011.
JAWS should tell you that this equals Vertical Tab.

8.       Tab to the Change button and press spacebar.

9.       In the Actual Word field should be the \011.  Tab to the
Replacement Word field and press spacebar one time.

10.   Tab to OK and use spacebar.

11.   Use CTRL with S to save changes.

12.   Close the window using Alt with F4.

13.   You might or might not need to restart JAWS.
The above worked for me using a Vocalizer Expressive profile.
Take care.
Brian Lee
brianllee@...

Take care.
Mike
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! It comes bundled with the software.  Go Dodgers!