Re: Pronunciation of Geometric Shapes in JAWS

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Annabelle. I brought up a Wikipedia article about Unicode and geometric shapes. There is a table, but nowhere in that table is there a representation of the quarter circle. I have seen this in the past as well, but can't find one right now to check its character value.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 4:48 PM
Subject: Pronunciation of Geometric Shapes in JAWS

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I've discovered that you can configure JAWS to speak unicode characters in any way you want it to, but I wonder, of all the unicode characters, I can't find one that represents a "quarter circle". Where I've heard it speak this "quarter circle" is on radio buttons of an installation screen on a program, specifically the ones that are unchecked, especially when I navigate to them with the JAWS cursor. Which unicode character and hexidecimal value represents a quarter circle? This way, I can have JAWS speak all occurances of this character no matter what synthesizer I have it switched to.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13582 (20160601) __________

http://www.eset.com