Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

OK, Doc Tom, here's what I suggested, that you use JAWS dictionary, by
typing in vertical tab in the place where the dictionary says add, then
tab once to put in the word that you want pronounced, where you spell it
however you can to make JAWS pronounce it the way you want it to, and hit
Spacebar there.

On my computer, I can hit Insert-D and I'm in the Dictionary, but on
older programs, and I can also do this, to use the dictionary, you hit
Insert-F2. You would be in JAWS Manager, so you type d to get into the
dictionary. Enter. It will ask you to hit Control-Shift-D, if you want
your substitute in all programs. If you want it only in the specific
program you are using for e-mail, do not hit the Control-Shift-D. When
you Entered, you should be at Add. So Add means add whatever word you
want JAWS to pronounce in another way. You type in the add place the
correct word. Then you go to the next tab and type what you want JAWS to
say. For instance in mine, I changed per se, because JAWS makes it sound
like per see. So at that second tab I typed per say, and it has a more
acceptable pronunciation.

Please excuse me, if I told you stuff you already know or more than you
ever wanted to know about JAWS Dictionary. I use it a lot.

Bye for now,

Carolyn