Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Kimber Gardner

Just to add my 2 cents to the discussion, I too have noticed the
announcement of vertical tab in the most recent version of jaws. For
me it happens a lot when I have copied some text from a web page (from
BARD for example) then paste that text into a word document. After
doing that, when I read the text jaws will announce vertical tab at
the end of each line. Most of the time I can go back and delete the
vertical tabs, but this is tedious and time-consuming. I would much
prefer not having to hear them at all.

Kimber

On 6/1/16, Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

As you may recall, I'm working to get Office 365 up and running on a fairly
new Windows 7 laptop. I am using the latest build of Jaws 17.

I have noticed that in many Outlook 2016 e-mails, and especially in
Microsoft Word documents, Jaws keeps saying "vertical tab", as I navigate
whatever it is I'm reading.

I don't recall encountering this behavior in the previous versions of
Outlook and Word that I have used.

How can I get Jaws to stop reading the vertical tabs, whatever they are?

As I'm sure yu can imagine, this vertical tab designation is very
distracting.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

--
Kimberly