How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

As you may recall, I'm working to get Office 365 up and running on a fairly
new Windows 7 laptop. I am using the latest build of Jaws 17.

I have noticed that in many Outlook 2016 e-mails, and especially in
Microsoft Word documents, Jaws keeps saying "vertical tab", as I navigate
whatever it is I'm reading.

I don't recall encountering this behavior in the previous versions of
Outlook and Word that I have used.

How can I get Jaws to stop reading the vertical tabs, whatever they are?

As I'm sure yu can imagine, this vertical tab designation is very
distracting.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan