Re: Jaws 17 Lagging

Tony

Actually, Jaws has become more of a problem than it used to be. Back when
it was somewhere in the single digit release (I started with version 0 and
had a low 4 digit serial) I was able to do just about anything I needed with
Jaws. Even graphics were mostly easy to work with. Unfortunately, web and
software developers of today aren't willing to spend the three minutes it
would take to properly tag a webpage for accessibility. And most of them
are proud they saved the boss that three minutes.

If you can get to someone with the authority to correct the problem they
don't want to hear about it or where to find the accessibility
documentation. Many sites that were a breeze three years ago, and workable
a year ago, are now margin at best. Some sites that have not changed in the
past few years are likewise less accessible due to "improvements" made to
Jaws.

I haven't had any contact with Freedom Scientific in years but in the
distant past they would implement someone's brainstorm and not worry about
the side effects. I once asked one of the techs how to read a progress bar.
He said to cut out a strip in a piece of cardboard, place it on the screen,
and use a light detector. The job would have been completed before I got
the cardboard properly aligned.

My rant for the week.

Tony\