Re: solved web site problem

Tony

Thanks.  Didn’t help on a couple of sites, did on others.

Its been a while since I was on one of the problem sites or I would post it for others to check.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: solved web site problem

Tony,

If you use the JAWS+F5 list, it can often help to indicate the order of the fields, as well as the number of them.  For one example, there are some sites where you enter your phone number and it populates three separate edit fields, whereas on others, the entire number is placed into a single field. JAWS+F5 can quickly help show the contents of various edit fields to show if you're getting things in the right order.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 10:55 AM

I didn’t see the original message in this thread but I have also had sites where the label was some distance from the edit field.  Frequently there would be a list of headings followed by a number of unlabeled edit fields.  I usually try to follow the order of the previous announcements but sometimes the number of field announcements is different than the number of edit fields.  In that case I may guess which field wants what and repeat until the form is accepted.  I am unwilling to guess on credit card numbers, but name, address, etc are usually accepted after a few guesses.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

What I'm wondering is: "Why is your screen reader reading improperly, while some on the list are having no problems reading the fields?"

Maybe it is a problem with JAWS. Maybe do a JAWS repair. Maybe it is a problem with your Internet browser. Either way, there should be a way of getting this fixed, so that you don't need a sighted person to direct you.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:05 AM

I was able to put in my card number and password in their proper edit fields and click on sign in. I did that by hitting “E” and the sighted person tellint me that I was in the proper field.

Jaws was not announcing  what the edit field was for.

So I did nothing to fix it Because anything I did didn’t fix it.

Called the bank people and all they said is it there. But for some reason jaws was not reading it and did not when the sighted person was here.

Why this all occurred and how it was finally fixed is a mystery!

Mark

Then I was able to find the sign out link using insert f7, then shut down  the website

On May 25, 2016, at 11:49 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

That's not a solution, only a diagnosis. What did you do to fix it?
Bill White 
billwhite92701@...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Furness" <
flintman57@...>
To: <
main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:46 AM
Subject: solved web site problem

I called over my sighted neighbour. Jaws was not reading the screen properly.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13540 (20160524) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13540 (20160524) __________

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.