Re: Accessibility of "Amazon Music Desktop App for PC"

"Kevin Hourigan " <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello JAWS Users,

Perhaps it would be useful to file  complaints concerning such issues.

I do not think this response is, “Off Topic”, since such actions will improve things for JAWS users.

I am in BC  Canada, and while legislation is in the works, it is not enacted here yet, except in Ontario. But the U. S. legislation below looks pretty good to me.

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires the U.S. federal government to take accessibility into account when procuring information technologies: websites, telephones, copiers, computers, and other technologies, including both hardware and software. The parts of Section 508 most relevant to web accessibility are "1194.21 — Software applications and operating systems," "1194.22 — Web-based intranet and internet information and applications," and "1194.31 — Functional performance criteria."

Section 508 applies to:

·    US federal government entities only, but the effects of Section 508 have permeated the information technology landscape because so many businesses, non-profits, and local and state governments do business with the federal government. To sell to the federal government, private entities have to offer accessible products and services.

Section 508 is enforced by:

·    Consumers (people with disabilities) filing formal complaints

Source; Deque University

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephanie Switzer
Sent: May 23, 2016 3:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessibility of "Amazon Music Desktop App for PC"

If it helps any the last time I downloaded the app on my laptop I had my cousin look at it who is cited, and she said it was a mess and she hated it.
She also could not find what the directions were telling her to do inside the app for downloading music. What I mean is she couldn't find where anything was located.
Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2016, at 8:08 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

No, I do not have an iPhone.  Seemingly, for what must be such a popular and desirable thing, there must be some sort of a way to use this app; like scripts?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephanie Switzer
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 5:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessibility of "Amazon Music Desktop App for PC"

I'm glad to know that hasn't changed since last year or the year before.
Have you maybe tried the iPhone app? If you have an iPhone because with the iPhone app you can at least listen to your music.

I'm not sure about Scripps
, But I haven't seen any around. Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2016, at 8:10 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

I have installed the Amazon Music Desktop App For PC.  Regrettably, it seems to be very much inaccessible.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?  Might there be any JAWS scripts for it?  Are there any JAWS or App settings other than the default settings that would improve accessibility?  Are there any alternative programs that would link into Amazon Music (I am an "Amazon Prime" member) that are more accessible?

thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.