Re: Accessibility of "Amazon Music Desktop App for PC"

"Kevin Hourigan " <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello JAWS Users,

Perhaps it would be useful to file  complaints concerning such issues.

I do not think this response is, “Off Topic”, since such actions will improve things for JAWS users.

I am in BC  Canada, and while legislation is in the works, it is not enacted here yet, except in Ontario. But the U. S. legislation below looks pretty good to me.

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires the U.S. federal government to take accessibility into account when procuring information technologies: websites, telephones, copiers, computers, and other technologies, including both hardware and software. The parts of Section 508 most relevant to web accessibility are "1194.21 — Software applications and operating systems," "1194.22 — Web-based intranet and internet information and applications," and "1194.31 — Functional performance criteria."

Section 508 applies to:

·    US federal government entities only, but the effects of Section 508 have permeated the information technology landscape because so many businesses, non-profits, and local and state governments do business with the federal government. To sell to the federal government, private entities have to offer accessible products and services.

Section 508 is enforced by:

·    Consumers (people with disabilities) filing formal complaints

Source; Deque University

Cheers Kevin.