Re: Office 365 and Outlook 2016G-mail Account Access Problem resolved, but have a question with Outlook 2016 Message Views

Michael Mote

Perhaps, a JAWS repair might resolve this issue.  Are you able to see all of the fields now, or are some of them hidden or missing?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 2:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Office 365 and Outlook 2016G-mail Account Access Problem resolved, but have a question with Outlook 2016 Message Views

Hello, everyone.

First of all, I’m happy to report that after one call to Freedom Scientific Tech Support, and several calls to the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline, my personal g-mail access issue with Outlook 2016 has been resolved.  It turns out that my local g-mail account in Outlook somehow got corrupted, so a new g-mail account was created in Outlook, and now, all is basically well.

However, I do have one question that I hope someone can help me with.

On Friday, before my problems with my g-mail account started, Outlook 2016 was showing me the various fields in an e-mail message in the expected order:  from;  sent;  to;  cc;  BCC if appropriate;  subject;  attachment list if appropriate; followed by the message body.  And, I was able to easily access each field via the tab or shif-tab keys if needed.

Now, the ordering of the fields in an e-mail is quite different, and accessing the fields via the tab and shift tab keys seems very clunky.

The Microsoft Accessibility Hotline technicians feel that this is just the way it is with Outlook 2016, and that there is no way to change the ordering of the fields.  They also seem to be at a loss with regard to making things operate more smoothly when using the tab and shif tab keys.

Is there anything I can do to correct this situation?

It’s particularly frustrating to me since things were working better last week, and I’ve reviewed every configuration setting I can think of to optimize Jaws with Outlook 2016.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan