Re: windows explorer crashing on win 7 when jaws running

Joni Colver <earlybird@...>

Alice, I have no idea if this will help you or not, but will tell you what
happened to me just in case.

The constant crashing and error message thing while using I E is what
finally prodded me into downloading JAWS 12. I assumed that my out-of-date
JAWS and browser were the problems causing the crashes. I am glad I now
have JAWS 12 because it is a vast improvement for me. I still continued to
have the crashes though.

I plan to upgrade I E this weekend, assuming it was my out-of-date browser
still causing the problem. I saw some things on the Internet about browser
helpers potentially causing problems. When I checked manage add ons in I E
I discovered the google toolbar. I do not recall allowing it to be
installed, but I know it likely comes bundled with other software. I don't
even know what it is supposed to do, but remember hearing it could cause
problems for screen readers. I removed it through add/remove in the control
panel yesterday. I have not had any crashes since then. This may not be
the permanent solution because I could have a crash at any time, but it is
working for me so far.

Also note that I am just sending this out in hopes of helping Alice and my
assumptions are merely assumptions. I do not intend to steer anyone in the
wrong direction, but checking to see if the google toolbar is installed
certainly won't hurt anything.

I use XP and JAWS 12. As of this weekend I will be using I E 8 also. I
hope the crashes are history. I would cross my fingers, but then you
probably could not read the message.

Joni