Re: How To Get Download Status Notifications In Firefox 46

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Tom and Bill,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 and Jaws 17, I only get an announced progress bar as the download is progressing for the first book I download. After that, the rest of the downloads I have to use control plus  j to get the download progress status.

Since I use IE not Firefox, perhaps it is a change in Jaws.... or Win 10? I can work with it, no big deal, but it is a change just as Tom has noticed.

Elaine

On 5/19/2016 1:01 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Bill:

I had forgotten about the control J key stroke, so thanks for the memory jog.

The thing that bothers me a bit is that I didn’t used to have to do this.  In other words, once the download started, Jaws automatically told me the status as the download progressed, and I got a download completion beep at the end.

It seems that something has changed with the latest version of Firefox, at least for me.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Get Download Status Notifications In Firefox 46

Hi, Tom. For me, it's still CONTROL plus the letter J.

If this doesn't work for you, it sounds like you either need to reinstall Firefox, or check your installation of JAWS.

Bill White billwhite92701@...

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:09 AM

Subject: How To Get Download Status Notifications In Firefox 46

Hello.

I am currently downloading and saving the latest version of Jaws 17, and I have discovered that, in Firefox 46, I can’t get the download percent status indications like I used to in earlier Firefox versions.

My sighted wife was able to get the download percent notifications started by clicking on a download status window at the top of the screen, but I’m not sure how to get to that on the keyboard with this new version of Firefox.

If anyone has any suggestions to remedy this issue, I’d appreciate them very much.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13514 (20160519) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13514 (20160519) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6201 / Virus Database: 4568/12259 - Release Date: 05/19/16

-- 
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.