Re: How To Get Download Status Notifications In Firefox 46

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Tom and Bill,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 and Jaws 17, I only get an announced progress bar as the download is progressing for the first book I download. After that, the rest of the downloads I have to use control plus  j to get the download progress status.

Since I use IE not Firefox, perhaps it is a change in Jaws.... or Win 10? I can work with it, no big deal, but it is a change just as Tom has noticed.

Elaine

On 5/19/2016 1:01 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Bill:

I had forgotten about the control J key stroke, so thanks for the memory jog.

The thing that bothers me a bit is that I didn’t used to have to do this.  In other words, once the download started, Jaws automatically told me the status as the download progressed, and I got a download completion beep at the end.

It seems that something has changed with the latest version of Firefox, at least for me.

Tom Behler