I'm not sure what FS was trying to accomplish. All I know is in previous versions of jaws the status of quick keys worked seamlessly. Now however, I have to constantly think about it and make adjustments. It's enough of a pain in the butt that I have gone back to an earlier version of jaws.

Sorry for the whining. I'm just frustrated with the problem and the lack of response on the part of FS.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On May 17, 2016, at 3:41 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

Thank you for the validation. I think they have made a bit of a mesh of
things, need to get it in better sync for 18. I am optimistic, I hope.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber
Gardner
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2013 Hanging Jaws

I've had nothing but grief with quick keys and the Internet since
installing jaws 17. I exchanged emails with FS who told me, repeatedly,
that all I need do was press jaws key plus Z. But every time? On every
web page? So I consider myself officially blown off by FS with regard to
my quick key problem. Fortunately, I have this issue only on my work
laptop which I don't often use for Internet stuff. But yeah, quick keys
are a real nightmare and FS isn't owning the problem, at least not in my
case.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On May 17, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net>
wrote:

I think you might be stuck, if you have 15. Until I just got 17.0200,
it would hang. First I used to run Spell Check to stop it, then I
figured out that Say All would unstick it, but then I'd have to
navigate back to where I wanted to be. With 17.0200, that is better,
but, man, the Internet...? I think I need to make some kind of
adjustment to Quick Keys, but the lady I talked to yesterday at FS, did
not think so.

When we first loaded 17.0200, I had to hit Control Z every time I went
into a Word document. I went into it and tweaked it, so I didn't have
to do it. Then I had net problems, tried to tweak it back, but must
have missed something. When I first got 17.0200 loaded, I simply could
not do anything in a Word document without first hitting Control-Z.
That seemed like such an unnecessary problem to me, especially since I
have a lot of Word documents, and Word is as much, if not more of a
priority to me then the net.

Bye for now,

Carolyn