Re: Outlook 2013 Hanging Jaws

Kimber Gardner

I've had nothing but grief with quick keys and the Internet since installing jaws 17. I exchanged emails with FS who told me, repeatedly, that all I need do was press jaws key plus Z. But every time? On every web page? So I consider myself officially blown off by FS with regard to my quick key problem. Fortunately, I have this issue only on my work laptop which I don't often use for Internet stuff. But yeah, quick keys are a real nightmare and FS isn't owning the problem, at least not in my case.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On May 17, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

I think you might be stuck, if you have 15. Until I just got 17.0200, it
would hang. First I used to run Spell Check to stop it, then I figured
out that Say All would unstick it, but then I'd have to navigate back to
where I wanted to be. With 17.0200, that is better, but, man, the
Internet...? I think I need to make some kind of adjustment to Quick
Keys, but the lady I talked to yesterday at FS, did not think so.

When we first loaded 17.0200, I had to hit Control Z every time I went
into a Word document. I went into it and tweaked it, so I didn't have to
do it. Then I had net problems, tried to tweak it back, but must have
missed something. When I first got 17.0200 loaded, I simply could not do
anything in a Word document without first hitting Control-Z. That seemed
like such an unnecessary problem to me, especially since I have a lot of
Word documents, and Word is as much, if not more of a priority to me then
the net.

Bye for now,

Carolyn