Re: Texting App or program

Gene,

           In addition to Mario's excellent suggestion you might want to look into Google Hangouts if you have a Google Account.  I believe if you use the web interface instead of the App it's accessible (for all I know the App may now be accessible via Narrator or using the touch cursor).

           You end up selecting a phone number, for no charge, and people can text you directly via that number.  I use my Google Voice/Google Hangouts number far more often than my actual cell phone for texting.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson