Re: Need Command For Reading The Text Of A Document In MS Word On A Laptop

Tom Behler

Thanks, David for this additional command possibility, and thanks also for not viewing this as a stupid question.  (smile)

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Command For Reading The Text Of A Document In MS Word On A Laptop

Hi,

Also, Caps Lock+ A will read all of the text. Keep in mind that the J, K, and L with the Caps Lock held down, will read previous current, and next word. The letters: U, I, and O, with the Caps Lock held down, will read previous, current, and next line. The characters, M, Comma, and Period, will Read previous, current, and next character. This is so awesome, because you do not have to take your fingers from where you are typing. I use the laptop layout on a Desktop computer. The desktop commands are not taken from you, the Laptop commands are added to the desktop commands you already have. It is great. Take care, Good question.

Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:22 PM

That would be caps lock plus down arrow.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On May 14, 2016, at 3:13 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello everyone.

I’m having an embarrassing brain lapse here.

How do you read the entire text of an MS Word document on a typical laptop computer?

On the standard computer keyboard, I use the Jaws or insert key on the number pad plus the number 2.

I’m looking for an equivalent key command on the Dell Lattitude Laptop I’m currently using.

Sorry for asking such an elementary question.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan