Re: PDF email attachments

Carolyn Arnold asked, "Have you tried copying all of what JAWS says is blank, pasting into a word document and see if you can read it?"

You're just going to have to trust me on this or experiment yourself, but this doesn't work.  If JAWS is saying "blank" it's because, as the file stands, there is no text to recognize and thus, no text to copy.  The PDF is a series of images of pages which is in no way readable.  If you copy it you copy a series of images and paste a series of images that remains unreadable.

This is why optical character recognition is absolutely necessary.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson