Re: PDF email attachments

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Have you tried copying all of what JAWS says is blank, pasting into a word document and see if you can read it?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 11:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF email attachments

Brian,

Ding! (smile); I understand now but am somewhat frustrated …… The first time I opened this attachment Jaws said “blank” and now when I open the attachment it tells me “Alert: Empty document” and when I try to run OCR it says there is no document (sigh). I’m very appreciative for your help and others who have given input on this and hope y’all will be able to help me resolve this issue.

It’s getting late in my time zone so I think I’ll call it a night and try again in the morning.

Thank you,

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF email attachments

Laura,

Each of us has been dippy at one point or another in our lives!!

You don't hold down all four keys at once. The description from the shortcut file I gave earlier is accurate. It's INSERT+Spacebar, [release that dual key press], followed by O, [release that letter O], followed by D [release that letter D]. The same for the announce help messages for OCR except that final character is a question mark instead of a D.

There are some triple and quadruple key presses that are for very rarely used commands that one doesn't ever want to trigger unintentionally. In that case it would be written with the plus sign between all three or four keys, an artificial example would be something like INSERT+CTRL+SHIFT+NumPad Multiply.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
~ Poul Anderson

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.