Re: Downloading and installing Vocalizer Expressive voices.

Soronel Haetir

An easy way to restart jaws is to hit jaws+windows+f4.

That has worked for many years now.

On 5/12/16, Shane clark <hshaneclark@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jason,
Thanks very much for the explanation, I was able to do the install. For
some reason, I was having trouble finding the dialog box which asked me to
either save or run the file. Butt after a few more attempts, I was able to
get it going.
When it ask me to restart Jaws, I did an alt f4, butt when starting the
computer back up, I had trouble getting speech to come back on. So I had to
get my wife to help me with this. Should I have quit Jaws in some other
way? I'm going to be taking a refresher course in Jaws in the next few
weeks starting on Tuesday. I still remember a good bit about how to
navigate with it, but haven't worked with Windows 10 before. The commission
for the blind, just delivered the computer yesterday, so I'm just wondering
are there any other new things I need to know about with the new features
in Jaws 17 and Windows 10?
Thanks, Shane.

On Thu, May 12, 2016, 12:23 PM Jason White via Groups.io <jason=
jasonjgw.net@groups.io> wrote:

Shane clark <hshaneclark@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm currently running Jaws Professional 17.0.2007. I went to the page
download the vocalizer voices, but I'm not sure where to find them 2
install them. I clicked on the link, butt I'm not able to go any
further
from here.

If you're on the correct page, you'll find two combo boxes, one to select
the
voices (you want Vocalizer Expressive) and another to choose the
language.
Once you've done this, you should be able to navigate through the page to
find
the download links. The next step is to download the installer, run it,
and
follow the prompts to complete the installation. Finally, restart JAWS
and
select the new voice in your voice profile.

I hope something in the above explanation helps you to move beyond
whatever
the problem might be.

--
Soronel Haetir