Re: Downloading and installing Vocalizer Expressive voices.

Shane clark

Hi Jason,
Thanks very much for the explanation, I was able to do the install. For some reason, I was having trouble finding the dialog box which asked me to either save or run the file. Butt after a few more attempts, I was able to get it going.
When it ask me to restart Jaws, I did an alt f4, butt when starting the computer back up, I had trouble getting speech to come back on. So I had to get my wife to help me with this. Should I have quit Jaws in some other way? I'm going to be taking a refresher course in Jaws in the next few weeks starting on Tuesday. I still remember a good bit about how to navigate with it, but haven't worked with Windows 10 before. The commission for the blind, just delivered the computer yesterday, so I'm just wondering are there any other new things I need to know about with the new features in Jaws 17 and Windows 10?
Thanks, Shane.

On Thu, May 12, 2016, 12:23 PM Jason White via Groups.io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io> wrote:
Shane clark <hshaneclark@...> wrote:
> I'm currently running Jaws Professional 17.0.2007. I went to the page to
> download the vocalizer voices, but I'm not sure where to find them 2
> install them. I clicked on the link, butt I'm not able to go any further
> from here.

If you're on the correct page, you'll find two combo boxes, one to select the
voices (you want Vocalizer Expressive) and another to choose the language.
Once you've done this, you should be able to navigate through the page to find
the download links. The next step is to download the installer, run it, and
follow the prompts to complete the installation. Finally, restart JAWS and
select the new voice in your voice profile.

I hope something in the above explanation helps you to move beyond whatever
the problem might be.