From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason
White via Groups.io
Sent: May 11, 2016 8:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Office 2016

Cynthia Bruce <cynthia.bruce@bellaliant.net> wrote:

Because the university where I teach is moving to Office 365, they are
saying we have to upgrade to the latest version of office. While I
never expect full support, can I expect to run into any trouble? I am
running JAWS
14 and Windows 7.

I would expect JAWS 14 to be too old to support Microsoft Office 2016. If
it's a university-owned machine, they should be able to organize the
upgrade. If it's your personal machine then any upgrade is your decision,
including whether to upgrade to Office 2016.

I am just really hesitant because I am in the final stages of
finishing my dissertation, and I really have no time to deal with how
to sort out major changes in how Word, for example, works. I know I am
not unique there, but I would love it if I could upgrade without major
learning.

Could you wait until you've submitted your dissertation, and then negotiate
the upgrade, perhaps while the dissertation examiners are reading your work?

I wish you much success with the revision process as you prepare to submit.
There is life beyond dissertation revisions, even though it might not seem
so at times.