Re: Question about Magic

Michael Mote

Those keys should work when using Magic 12 and later.  That is interesting to me that they didn’t work for you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Poppa Bear
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 12:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question about Magic

I am wondering if the Magic standalone version with voice has the web hot key functions. The reason I ask is because the other day when I was using the demo with a student and I was on the internet I was unable to use web hotkeys, such as H for headers, E for edit box and so on. I had to turn on Jaws 17 in order to get the hotkey function. This is an important question to me because I am trying to bring in Magic as a replacement for Zoom Text and Zoom Text is around $599 and I want to be competitive by recommending the Magic with speech that falls into the same price range to help in justifying the switch. Do you only get the Magic hotkey with speech function when you go up to their top model which is about a thousand?

Thanks