From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann byrne
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 6:35 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS saying the thing that is not

My student tracks the dates he attended class so he can be reimbursed
for transportation. He attended on September twelfth. JAWS called
it "September first-something (I don't remember the second number).
Also, September two zero, 2011, is spoken "September 20th", despite
there being no 'th'. And when I wrote two zero in numbers with a
space between to illustrate this point, JAWS spoke it as 'second
zero'. that's why I spelled the numbers out.

."

At 11:01 PM 10/2/2011, you wrote:
Hi Ann. I agree with your first point. I also find this very
frustrating and annoying. I really do wish jaws wouldn't read the
screen or part of the screen that was just left. It is
confusing. And yes I think jaws is lying too.

I just installed jaws 13. Hope it isn't lying too.

I have not found any control in jaws that has an effect on the
behavior. In older screen readers. For instance, ASAP, you could
adjust the text out delay. I thought that would work in jaws but it
doesn't seem to help.

Your second point about dates, I've seen that happen to but I'm not
sure which formats cause that to happen. Could you give some
examples. Please?

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>