Re: Thunderbird's spell checker

Ward Dudley

Mario,

When on the misspelled word hit escape and you will be on it.

Ward

On 5/2/2016 10:04 AM, Mario wrote:
not to discourage the use of Thunderbird, it is a nice client and is easy to get started, but...

one thing I don't like is when the spell checker detects a possible misspelling, JAWS or NVDA does not announce the misspelled word. but the misspelled word, is, displayed and the screen review cursor is needed to review it, but it's a bit of a bother to use the JAWS cursor every time. often the detected misspelling is totally off and sometimes it is spot on, but it's spell check list needs some upgrading to be more accurate. I don't know if there is a way to replace or upgrade/update it.

in addition, there's no way that I know of to get where that misspelling is so you can determine if it is ok or needs correcting. when Outlook Express, and I imagine also in Outlook, the insert+c could be used to read the misspelled word that was detected in context so you could get an idea if it needed to be corrected or not. <sigh>

the buttons, list of suggested corrections, etc. are present and work ok. but I mis the automatic reading of the detected misspelled word, and the reading of the misspelled word in context feature.

the other thing is that there's no way that I know of to limit the spell checker to the email I send. I don't want the spell checker to check everything.

does anybody who uses TB have any suggestions or recommendations to facilitate the above comments?

.