Re: QUICK Pole on some keystrokes and concepts

David Moore

Hi,
I have never used the arrow keys on the num pad. I have always used the regular arrow keys to navigate everything with JAWS and other screen readers. I am amazed that an instructor said that. I use laptops all the time, so I have learned not to use the num pad at all.  Once you learn the laptop key commands in JAWS, it is so much quicker, and I use all of those commands without thinking about it. Even if I am on a desktop, I change the JAWS keyboard layout to the laptop layout so I have access to the extra commands. The desktop key commands do not go away, the laptop commands are added to the ones you already have access to with the desktop. For example, holding down the caps lock and pressing J, K, and L will say previous, current, and next word with the laptop layout. I like this, because I do not have to take my hand off of the keyboard to go to the num pad and then back. Everyone I know who uses a desktop though, uses the regular arrow keys instead of the ones on the num pad. Very interesting this instructor said that. Take care.

Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: QUICK Pole on some keystrokes and concepts

I don't use the num pad except for the insert key plus num pad 2 for reading.  I also use the control plus tab on the web.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
--Attributed to Jimi Hendrix

On 4/28/2016 2:24 AM, Poppa Bear wrote:

So, I was talking to another instructor the other day about JAWS keystrokes and she was saying that she always uses the arrow pad on the num pad for her reading navigation commands and I told her that I was just taught to use the arrows with the Jaws key for most of the same commands and I was wondering if I am the complete minority on this. Do most people use the arrow functions on the num pad, or do you use the arrow keys instead? The second question, when on the internet do you open new pages in a separate window with Shift Enter, or do you open them in a new tab with Control enter? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.