Re: QUICK Pole on some keystrokes and concepts

Michael Mote

Hi there!  I am a JAWS user, and I normally use the regular arrow keys to read through messages line by line.  I I want to read by sentnce I use Alt plus the down arrow key to read the next sentence, Alt plus up arrow to read the previous and Alt plus Num pad 5 to read the current.  I also use control plus enter to open a new web page if I need to do that.

From: Poppa Bear [mailto:heavens4real@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: QUICK Pole on some keystrokes and concepts

So, I was talking to another instructor the other day about JAWS keystrokes and she was saying that she always uses the arrow pad on the num pad for her reading navigation commands and I told her that I was just taught to use the arrows with the Jaws key for most of the same commands and I was wondering if I am the complete minority on this. Do most people use the arrow functions on the num pad, or do you use the arrow keys instead? The second question, when on the internet do you open new pages in a separate window with Shift Enter, or do you open them in a new tab with Control enter? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.