Re: Running Jaws/NVDA and Zoom Text as a high bred system for a client

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this. I am heading in this direction right now, my I-T guy put a MAGic demo on the server in my lab today to start using on some of the computers in there.

From: ptusing [mailto:ptusing@...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Running Jaws/NVDA and Zoom Text as a high bred system for a client

Hi all,

I have used MAGIC software even  before it was named  MAGIC and have used MAGIC and its   predecessor  with JAWS for almost 19  years.

MAGIC is more responsive and the JAWS commands are the same for both and  work great with MAGIC when both programs are used simultaneously.

To somewhat counter the assertion that magnifying to +11 and above does not work, that depends on the print size  of the document being magnified

For example, some pdf documents might be easier to read for some people if  magnified more simply because if one uses  JAWS and MAGIC  at the same time,

JAWS’ reading speed places the visual reading correctly for the MAGIC user.

MAGIC and JAWS users can hear the word spoken as MAGIC’s  focus hits that word which is  visible  within the sentence.

The focus moves so smoothly when using the JAWS  “say all” that the visual reading is smooth.

JAWS and MAGIC are so well integrated that

The placement of the visual words is easier wherever one wants them to be while giving the user the easy way to achieve rapid reading speeds  with JAWS.

In my  opinion a user  of large print magnification who might consider using JAWS at some time would benefit from using

MAGIC since  one would be learning JAWS commands and JAWS  works so well with MAGIC.

Hope this is  helpful