Re: Help with Combo boxs and JFW

Adrian Spratt

Gerald, as I indicated, I've never used this keystroke, but it sounds more
like an MS command than one created by JAWS. No doubt someone will inform
us.

Meanwhile, I see from Mike's post that the instructions I gave should be
extended, so I'll try again.

1. Press enter to go into forms mode.

2. Press shift-F8 to keep the options steady.

3. Hold down the control key, then press spacebar for every selection you
make. If you want to select all the choices from a certain point, either the
beginning or a selection further down the list, press the shift key.

4. When you have completed the selections, release the control key and press
shift-F8 to exit.

I hope this is an accurate summary of this procedure. When encountering this
kind of drop-down list, I would first try the alt-down arrow method, as
follows:

1. Press enter to go into forms mode.

2. Press alt-down arrow to keep the choices steady.

3. Arrow up and down through the choices. In this method, the assumption is
that only one item will be selected, such as the name of your state in a
list of all states and Canadian provinces.

4. When you land on the selection you want to make, press alt-up arrow to
exit and preserve that choice.

If this method doesn't work on a combo box or drop-down list, try shift-F8.