Re: Office 365 Accessibility

Michael Mote

Hi Tom!  If you have the choice, I would utilize the Office 2016 applications, and not Office 365.  For the most part, the web based version is tough for someone who is blind.  I have managed to find a way to make the mail part work much better, by using the light version.  Depending on your subscription, you may have access to the latest version of the Office applications through Office 365.  I mention this in case the company you are working for is planning on moving to Office 365.  That would probably allow you to download the latest version of Office for your PC.  Hope this helps!  Good luck!

From: Tom Behler [mailto:tombehler@...]
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:43 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Office 365 Accessibility

Hello, everyone.

I am about to purchase a new laptop.  It is a Windows 7 laptop, with a key to upgrade to Windows 10 when I am ready to do so.  I am currently using Jaws 16.

I am trying to decide whether to go with the stand-alone Office 2016 package, or whether to take out a home subscription to Office 365.

Are there any known Jaws accessibility issues with Office 365, as compared to the standard Office 2016 package?

Are there accessibility issues with the one drive cloud storage component of Office 365?

Thanks for any input.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan