From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:44 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: JAWS and .pdf

This isn't completely correct. Renaming a PDF file that JAWS calls "empty"
with a .txt extension won't necessarily make it readable. In my experience,
it never does. An "empty" PDF file must be converted with an OCR program.

Although I'm not a Kurzweil user, I'd also modify the first part of your
message. I assume Kurzweil, like other OCR devices, gives you the option of
converting to other formats, such as .txt, .rtf, etc. If that isn't the case
with Kurzweil, it's a serious limitation and a reason I wouldn't buy it.