Re: VMware and JAWS

Ward Dudley

Hi Michael,

JAWS is usually just as fast inside the shell as outside.  Yes it sometimes lags but that happens outside the shell too.  What my company did was place my JAWS inside the shell on a dedicated server.  Log-in is pretty smooth.  There is one point that I have to hit enter where JAWS does not speak.  That is when the JAWS on my regular is shut out and the other one is loading.  The Insert+F10 does not work on my Windows 7 in the shell like it does n on my regular desktop.  It is doable but you are going to have to do some playing with it.  Insert+F5, F6, F7 do work though. 

Ward

On 4/20/2016 7:36 AM, Michael Mote wrote:

In speaking with FS about this yesterday, I was told that they do not recommend using JAWS with VMware, but they do say it should work OK.  I’m interested to see how it’s going to perform in the environment that we will be using.  There will be some obsticles that we’ll have to address, much like using JAWS with Citrix.  Ward, how easy is it for you to connect to your remote desktop through VMware.  How responsive is JAWS in that configuration?

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: VMware and JAWS

Don’t know about VMWare but try insert-f10 to bring up the list of running tasks.  I find that works when a window gets minimized and disappears.

Tony

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: VMware and JAWS

Hi Michael, 

Please me know if you find any good documentation on it.  I am currently in training and am using it.  The main problem with me is sometimes when JAWS loses focus and I alt+tab I the screen that I was on previously gets hidden and I cannot find it again.  It is still there but I cannot navigate back to it. 

Ward

On 4/19/2016 10:32 AM, Michael Mote wrote:

Hi folks!  I am working on a project where we will be using VMware and JAWS.  I would like to know what your experiences have been in this environment.  In doing my own research, I have seen a mixed bag of results.  I would love to find some good documentation on this, so I can know what I’m looking at, when it comes to implementation.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.