Re: Reading headers and footers in word 2010 with JAWS 14

Steve Griffiths

I use the old-fashioned way of Alt, V, H to get into and out of headers. Note that because this is a legacy command, you don’t get any feedback from JAWS after you press V; just press H anyway and you’ll be there.

You can also press Escape to leave them, but when I do that, I don’t get any response from JAWS, so I prefer Alt, V, H.

Thanks,

Steve

From: Martin Blackwell via Groups.io [mailto:taoman1@...]
Sent: 08 April 2016 16:00
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Reading headers and footers in word 2010 with JAWS 14

I don’t know if this is the best way to access text in a header, but it’s the one I know. I go to the Ribbon.

ALT + N for the Insert menu.

Then press H or header or O for footer.

Then E for Edit.

That will dump you into the header or footer pane (whichever you chose).

Once you are in the header or footer you can use the up or down arrow keys to go to the other. For example, if you are in the footer and press the up arrow key you’ll land in the header.

When you are done, press Escape to return to the document.

Sent: Friday, April 8, 2016 6:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Reading headers and footers in word 2010 with JAWS 14

Hi All,

Can someone kindly tell me how I can access headers and footers in word documents? I seem to have significant trouble inserting into documents because I can’t figure out where they have ended up, are they formatted properly? I also can’t seem to access the text in a header, for example, when someone else sends me a document.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cynthia

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.