Re: Reading headers and footers in word 2010 with JAWS 14

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I did not know that.  I don’t need footnotes much these days, but that’s nifty.

Ted

From: Tim Ford [mailto:ttford@...]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 9:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Reading headers and footers in word 2010 with JAWS 14

JAWS has a very nifty feature for accessing the comments, footnotes, endnotes, and revisions in a Word document.

First, hold down the windows key and press the ; key.  You will get a vertical list box showing, e.g. the footnotes, if any.  You will see the author of the footnote, and the text.  Use the up and down arrow keys, and press enter on the one you want to change.  You will be put into the text at that point.

I forget how to access the headers, someone else on this list should know that.

Good luck,

Tim Ford

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 6:07 AM

Hi All,

Can someone kindly tell me how I can access headers and footers in word documents? I seem to have significant trouble inserting into documents because I can’t figure out where they have ended up, are they formatted properly? I also can’t seem to access the text in a header, for example, when someone else sends me a document.

Cynthia