Re: Is there a way to make an application accessible (most likely by writing a script)?

Soronel Haetir

In the best cases multi-line edit classes are particularly difficult
to make accessible via scripting, in the worst pretty much impossible.

I was, however, under the impression that sublime is open source, and
for a multi-line editor that would likely be a far better route to
attack this problem from.

On 4/7/16, toptoptopbhw@hotmail.com <toptoptopbhw@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi. First of all I must say I have some experience with software
development, but really not with the JAWS scripts.

There is one application (Sublime Text editor, if you're interested in the
actual product name) which is great but is not accessible with jaws or, more
precisely, partially accessible, e.g. menus are read but not some dialogs
and, the main problem, the edit area is not accessible (JAWS doesn't read
anything from it). Needless to say that makes the application useless as it
is a text editor.

So my question is if there is some way to bring up JAWS together with the
product in question. It seems like it is using some sort of custom richedit
control , possibly developed by the author, but, since I am not very much
into GUI programming, I don't know for sure.

I am not asking some one to do it for me (if it is possible at all) but
rather point me a direction to research
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com