Re: Question about an all in one tablet for JAWS

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

In some peoples cases their rehab programs won’t go for it if the client has been trained on Jaws and already has a Jaws Dongle license. Also, using many of the PC style tablets can translate over to a desktop type of set up with a keyboard without extra training. It isn’t such a smooth transition to an I pad if you haven’t used one for more than basic socializing and entertainment IMO. I myself do like the I pads and the streamlined all in one capabilities integrated within voice over, but I was just throwing the other side of the coin out there.

From: Joshua Hori [mailto:jhori@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 11:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about an all in one tablet for JAWS

Why not go with an iPad with data plan? Office365, OEM (HIPAA compliant emails), slack accessibility, WiFi keyboard + option to sync with braillenote. OneDrive for syncing documents across mobile devices and business computers. You can even tie a business line into the device for phone capabilities and the company can sync it to their systems using a Mobile Device Manager, such as meraki.com, ensuring security they need. Google Drive and Dropbox could be added to extend storage capabilities.

Plus I'm sure they'll find more accessible culinary books on the iPad than they will for JAWS on Windows 10.

iPads have accessible book keeping apps available and is more intuitive than the PC counterparts.

Joshua

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2016, at 2:56 AM, Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...> wrote:

Hello Brian he is connected with a 6 month paid on the job training program that ranges from learning Office Skills, some culinary arts as well as some basic excel book keeping. It is a nonprofit organization.