Re: Question about an all in one tablet for JAWS

Londa Peterson

 You can also purchase an external DVD drive for very little money. If portability is important and you only use the drive occasionally, this might be a good solution.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 1:56 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about an all in one tablet for JAWS

Ted posed the question:  Just for curiosity, how many of these have DVD drives?

The answer to this question is "increasingly fewer."  I bought the laptop I'm using last fall and made a point of looking for one with an optical drive in it.  As CD/DVD becomes more and more obsolete in the age of high-speed internet and downloading content (including programs, etc.) optical drives are being phased out.

If an optical drive is something you want or need, be very careful when shopping, particularly for a laptop or convertible tablet, that the model you're looking at has one.

Brian