Re: How can I use JAWS to identify a mysterious character?

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

have you tried pressing the numpad 5 three times quickly to hear the hex value of the character?

Legend has it that on Wednesday 3/2/2016 02:11 AM, Tim Ford said:
Hi All,

I have a document that has, scattered throughout, a lot of mysterious consecutive characters that I want to delete globally using Word. However, JAWS describes them only as “blank†(without the “). I vaguely recall back in my DOS days about being able to enter the ASCII number for a character to produce it. Is there a keystroke in JAWS whereby I can put my cursor on the mysterious character, and find out what it is in terms of an ASCII number, then enter that into the global search and replace?

Tim Ford

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!