Re: New to the group

Shan Noyes

This is a jaws users list let's please try to stay on topic thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 26, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 05:20 am, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <ted.lisle@...> wrote:
XP was—having a loyal user base that will stick until the bitter end.

 And for people who actually did that, I want them to recall precisely how bitter that end probably was when they had to make the leap.

I know a number of people still using WinXP, but I also know that most wisely avoid doing anything online (e.g., online banking or the like) where the security compromises involved are huge.  It's gotten to the point where most providers of sensitive web functions like online banking will block you from using them if your browser does not comply with current security standards, and nothing that runs on WinXP that I know of these days does.

I have never, ever, been a bleeding edge adopter of anything.  I always give a shake out period of several months to up to a year or so.  But I also have never, ever been someone who thinks that clinging to the bitter end works out well, either, for reasons I've already stated in a prior message.

Brian