Re: Urgent: Google docs focus issues

Tasha Raella Chemel <tasha.chemel@...>

It’s a shared document in  a folder and both internet explorer and firefox hav the same problems with focus.

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:49 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Urgent: Google docs focus issues

It can definitely be done. Are they sharing the document with you? Is it inside of a folder? John's also says that Internet explorer actually works better with Google then Firefox. Those are just some thought.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Tasha Raella Chemel <tasha.chemel@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have the latest version of Firefox, Windows 8.1, and the latest Jaws 17 update. I’ve read all the documentation pertaining to Google docs and Google Drive, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get either Docs or Sheets to be in focus after I open them. In sheets, I land up in an edit field labeled explore, and through a combination of turning the virtual cursor off, entering forms mode and exiting it, and alt-tabbing, I can usually get the document to be in focus so I can read and edit it, but it sometimes takes me ten minutes. This is extremely frustrating, since I just started a new job. If at all possible, I’d like to avoid having to download the doc in excel and re-upload it. I also unfortunately  can’t use Cloud hq and synch google sheets to dropbox because if another person is editing the document, my changes don’t get synced to the document and instead, a new doc is created.

Any help with this would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tasha