Re: Urgent: Google docs focus issues

Shan Noyes

Yother thing that you might want to experiment with is turning smart mode on and off in Jaws 17

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:15 PM, Tasha Raella Chemel <tasha.chemel@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have the latest version of Firefox, Windows 8.1, and the latest Jaws 17 update. I’ve read all the documentation pertaining to Google docs and Google Drive, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get either Docs or Sheets to be in focus after I open them. In sheets, I land up in an edit field labeled explore, and through a combination of turning the virtual cursor off, entering forms mode and exiting it, and alt-tabbing, I can usually get the document to be in focus so I can read and edit it, but it sometimes takes me ten minutes. This is extremely frustrating, since I just started a new job. If at all possible, I’d like to avoid having to download the doc in excel and re-upload it. I also unfortunately  can’t use Cloud hq and synch google sheets to dropbox because if another person is editing the document, my changes don’t get synced to the document and instead, a new doc is created.

Any help with this would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tasha