Re: Changing themes, using the "start memu", to get rid of "task switching" ...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jim,

To change your Desktop Theme to, Windows Classic, try the following:
1. While on the desktop press, control + spacebar, to make sure that nothing is selected.
2. Open the context menu with the applications key or, shift + F10, arrow down to Personalize & press enter.
3. You will now be in the Themes Gallery.  here  the different themes are in columns & rows.  To find the Windows Classic Theme, arrow down to Windows7 Basic, & right arrow 1 time to Windows Classic & press enter.

Also, changing themes  will probably change your Sound Schemes as well.  So, you might have to alter your sound schemes to get the sounds you want.
Take care.
Mike
Global warming?  Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: Changing themes, using the "start memu", to get rid of "task switching" ...

Brian: Again, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this issue. "Task switching" does refer to "being able to switch between active programs using ALT+TAB". Sometimes, when you press ALT+TAB to "switch" to another file/application, You "land" on each item as you ALT+TAB your way through the open files/applications, and you can immediately start to work on a file/application. However, at other times, you have to press enter/spacebar, when you land on the file/application that you are seeking - when "task switching"; because, all you see is the "title" of that window, and you cannot work on that file/application. To avoid having to worry about that coming up from time to time, someone sent instructions on "Changing Themes", which involved changing to the "Windows Classic" theme. I thought that I had "Windows Classic" working on my PC already; but, when I followed those instructions, and tried to look for it, I could not find it anywhere. Would you happen to have a link for "Windows Classic". I am not convinced that it does not exist on my system; but, I cannot find it, and it is useless to search without knowing exactly where I should be looking for this on my system. It seems to have disappeared, perhaps around the time I was having "general problems" with my PC last year. Thanks very much. Jim H

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.