Re: Changing themes, using the "start memu", to get rid of "task switching" ...

Jim,

        This should not have anything to do with the theme you're using, at least in my experience.

        I have access to a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win8.1 Home 64-bit.   The themes included are three Windows Default Themes:  Windows, Lines & Colors, & Flowers.  Five installed themes from Toshiba, which don't warrant mentioning by name, and four high contrast themes: High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black, and High Contrast White.

        There is no theme by the name of Windows Classic.  This machine has had no customizations made with regard to themes, so I have little doubt that what shows up on any Win8.1 machine will be a couple of straight Windows themes, the high contrast themes, and whatever custom themes the device manufacturer might choose to include.

Brian