From: Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Date: 02/23/2016 11:20 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS, Word 2016, and word count/character count without spaces

Loreal,

        I am basing the following on Word 2010, but the Word Count function under the Review ribbon has been the same for a long time, so I hope it carried forward.

        When in Word, if you hit ALT+R,W does that bring up the Word Count dialog?  If so, does it still include the Character Count, one line includes spaces and another excludes them in Word 2010.  When I hit the above command, and am using NVDA, the entire Word Count dialog content is read, this includes number of pages, words, characters (no spaces), characters (with spaces), paragraphs, and lines.  There is also a checkbox to include text boxes, footnotes, and end notes which is checked by default.

Brian