Re: How do I stop entering a password on log in

Jeanette McAllister

As long as the checkbox is checked it is going to take you to a logon screen. If you uncheck it and reboot, it should not take you to a login screen.

Jeanette McAllister  PhD

President / CEO

Assistive Technology Tutor

A Heart Staffing

PO Box 1277

Franklin, VA 23851

Direct: 757-346-0708

www.aheartstaffing.com

www.linkedin.com/in/aheartstaffing

Member-National Employment Committee – NFB

http://employment.nfb.org/

Member-  Virginia State Rehabilitation Council

                  Dept for the Blind and Visually Impaired

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

         --Robert Louis Stevenso

On 2016-02-24 6:31 AM, Jeanette McAllister wrote:

This is how I took the password requirement off of my Windows 10 desktop computer:

Press the [Windows] + [R] to open the Run command. Type the netplwiz command and press enter to open the User Accounts dialogue window. Go to the Users tab and clear the User must enter a username and password to use this computer checkbox. You can uncheck the box by pressing spacebar.

Tab to and Press the Apply button. You'll need to enter your current password to validate the operation. Type your password in the Password and Confirm Password fields, and press OK

The next time you boot up your computer, it will take you directly to your user session (no password required).