JAWS, Word 2016, and word count/character count without spaces

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

OK everyone here’s a question.  I have a job where I need to count the characters (not counting spaces) in order to calculate my pay and do my invoicing. How would I go about accessing this information?  I know how to do basic word counts, and I know visually someone said you click on where it shows you the word count at the bottom of the document/page you’re in and you can click where it says characters without spaces, but how do you do this with JAWS?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Loreal Lavigna

Legal/Medical Transcriptionist