Re: How do I stop entering a password on log in

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Is windows defender the built-in antivirus program?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: john.falter [mailto:john.falter@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:12 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I stop entering a password on log in

Hello Peter:
I would try:
1. enter the current password.
2. change the password to blank.
 Good Luck!

On 2/23/2016 5:10 PM, Peter Tesar wrote:

Hello list,

When I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition, I chose to require a password on logging in.

How do I stopthe the password prompt??

I was told (by MS support) that the presence of Norton, and other anti virus programs, prevented some of Windows 10 features from being installed properly.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I chose to remove the third party anti virus program.

I thought I would rely on the Windows firewall and Defender.

I also thought that requiring a log on password would provide added security.

Now I want to log on without the password prompt.

I can’t find a way to stop this feature.

Going through settings, all that I seem to be able to do is change the password or add a new user account.

I haven’t done this, but I assume that If I add a new account, I probably will start out with a blank desktop. I want to avoid going through the setup process that I already did.

Is there a way to remove the requirement to sign on to Windows 10, without the password prompt?

Thanks,

Peter T.